I’m not a vegetarian but this vegetarian dish was tasty!
Here’s the recipe as given on the side of the box of Rajah mild & spicy curry powder:
- Sort and clean 2 cups of dry sugar beans and soak in water overnight. (I used red beans instead).
- Boil in clean water for 60 minutes or until soft, then drain.
- Heat some vegetable oil (2-3 tablespoons should do) in pot and fry 1 sliced onion and 1 chopped green pepper until soft.
- Add 2 tbs. of Rajah Mild and Spicy curry powder and 2 chopped tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes. (Note: I’m sure other brands would work fine, too).
- Add 2 cups peeled and cubed pumpkin (or butternut squash), 2 cups of water and beef stock cube, then bring to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on frying pan.
- Add the cooked beans and allow to simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve with rice. MAKES ENOUGH FOR 4-6.